Fishamble Street

Fishamble Street

Fishamble Street (Irish: Sráid Sheamlas an Éisc) is a street in Dublin, Ireland within the old city walls.
The street joins Wood Quay at the Fish Slip near Fyan's Castle. It is mentioned in the 14th century as Vicus Piscariorum and as Fish Street. In 1577, Stanihurst named it as St John's Street. In 1610, some editions of Speed's map call it Fish Shambles.
The street was known as the official fish market for Dublin until the end of the 17th century, when the city markets were moved to the north bank of the Liffey...

See on map

around

Visit
Temple Bar Square

Touristic place

Visit
Temple Bar

Street

Visit
Dublin Monster Walk

Monster walk

Visit
Visit
Visit
Visit
Visit
Visit
Palace Street

Street

Visit
Wood Quay

Street

Visit
Visit